Friday, January 10, 2014

Empties

Hello! and Happy Friday. This week was the first one back to school since the holiday. We had 2 snow days already because of the massive amount of snow we got. It was nice having some extra time to spend with the hubby. We have been sucked into the Breaking Bad series. We are late on the bandwagon, but we had to check it out after hearing positive things about it. I have been collecting these empty products for a few months so I thought it was about time to share them and give a brief review.
Matrix Total Results Sleek Shampoo- I got this product when Ulta had their big liter hair product sale. They didn't have the shampoo I normally use, so I picked this one on a whim. I liked it, but it really didn't stand out as an amazing product. When I got it I didn't realize that it has sulfate in it, which I try to avoid. I probably will not be repurchasing this product.
Moroccan Oil- I love this product! I first bought it when I was trying to grow my hair out after cutting it to my shoulders. My hair was very damaged and between this product and by using a hair mask my hair was more healthy. It makes hair feel soft and adds shine. I got the light formula for fine and light colored hair. My hair is fairly fine and I hate products that weigh it down, so I figured this was my best bet. I plan on repurchasing this product. It is expensive, but it lasts a long time.
DevaCurl AnGel- Apparently I went through quite a few hair products the past few months. This product is my favorite curly hair product that I have tried. And  I have tried a lot! I have tried many drugstore and high end products and nothing really compares to this product. I use it along with a leave in conditioner and it nicely separated the curls without making it crunchy.
Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Cream Concealer- This concealer worked nicely to cover blemishes, but it didn't work well to cover under-eye circles. It has a yellowish undertone so it covers redness well. I probably won't be repurchasing this product.
Olay Oil Minimizing Toner- This product isn't empty, it has about a quarter left. I couldn't use it anymore because it completely dried my skin out. I'm sure it is because there is alcohol in it. I would not recommend this product.
Covergirl Clump Crusher by Lashblast Mascara- I have used lashblast mascara for years and was excited when they came out with this product. The original formula is more of a volumizing one, while the Clump Crusher is more of a lengthening. I would buy this product again. It definitely does what it say and doesn't clump.
Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundations- I already bought a second tube of this. I like the convenience of the stick and the color matches my skin almost perfectly. It is matte which I also like but I find that certain parts of my face are dry. I normally don't have that issue, even in the winter, so I think that it is this product. I plan on trying a new foundation next time I purchase one. I might try this again in the summer and see if it makes a difference.
Thanks for visiting! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm really interested to try the Moroccan Oil Treatment. I've heard so many great things about it, but I can never justify the price. I don't use heat on my hair very often so it's not too damaged, but these seems like a nice product to have for when my ends get more damaged looking. Thanks for sharing this post pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard time buying expensive products too before know that I love them. I got mine with a gift card so it wasn't bad. haha My hair was really damaged when I started using it and it worked great. If your hair isn't too damaged I probably wouldn't spend the money on it. But that's just my opinion.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete