Thursday, March 20, 2014

How to: Patch Jeans With Lace

Hello! and happy first day of spring. I normally try to avoid buying jeans with holes in them because I always end up ripping the threads that go across it. I have a hard time finding jeans that fit well, and these ones fit perfect. They have lasted almost a year without ripping, but this past weekend they finally did. The great thing about lace is that it comes in many different patterns and colors. I have seen a lot of white lace patches, but I wanted to try something different, so I chose to use black. 




Materials Needed:
A pair of jeans
Lace
Fabric Glue
Scissors




Step 1: Turn the jeans inside out and cut the lace to fit over the hole. I left about an inch extra on each side. It doesn't have to be perfect, just enough so that it can be glued. 
Step 2: Make sure that any torn thread is tucked away so you don't get glue on it. Apply glue around the hole and press the lace on it. I held the fabric in place for a minute after gluing it.Step 3: Let it dry overnight. 
I chose to cut the torn threads off, but you can keep it if you like.
Here is the finished product. 
Let me know if you try this out. 
Thanks for visiting!



2 comments:

  1. The black lace is definitely more unique than the white plus it gave it a bit more of an edgier look...I will have to keep this in mind for when my jeans need some sprucing up this is such a cute idea! :)
    emmasbeginning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool! I like the use of black lace as well. Now I want to try something similar...but maybe with hot pink? Lol. Chic and Alluring Blog

    ReplyDelete