Wednesday, January 28, 2015

How to Apply Matte Lipstick

I think matte lips are so pretty, but every time I tried to wear a matte lipstick, my lips feel extremely dry and look cakey. I had been eying Patina by Stila for quite a while, and finally picked it up. The first time I put it on, it looked absolutely horrible. Through some trial and error and using a couple trick I found online, I found a better way to apply it.
Matte lipstick Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Patina
 Step 1: Always be sure to exfoliate. Matte lipstick will cling to any dryness on your lips. You can purchase a lip scrub, or you can make one. I just mixed a small amount of sugar with coconut oil, and gently massaged my lips with it.Wipe it off with a damp washcloth.
 Step 2: Apply a moisturizer. I have tried chapstick and an EOS balm, but I found that rose salve works the best underneath. If you want to see a full review on Rose Salve, click here. It is important to apply so sort of moisturizing product, because matte lip products will settle into the fine lines.
Matte lipstick steps
Step 3: Apply a concealer over the moisturizer. I patted the concealer on, as opposed to rubbing it in. This creates a nice base for the lipstick, and helps it stay more true to its color. I also found that the lipstick settles into the lines less when I use a concealer. Be sure to blend the concealer around your lips so you don't have a weird ring of concealer around your mouth.
Step 4: Line your lips. The color I lined my lips with is not a perfect match to Patina, but it is close enough. It helps keep the lipstick on your lips.
Step 5: Apply your matte lipstick.
Step 6: Enjoy your beautiful matte lips.
Matte lipstick Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Patina
I plan on doing a full review of the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks. This may seem like a lot of steps to take for matte lips, but it will help it stay in place and prevent it from being too drying. This is only something I do on special occasions or nights out. I hope this helps.
Thanks for visiting!
post signature


Matte lipstick Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Patina

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I haven't been brave enough to try matte lipstick but I think I will after reading this! :)

    Bobby from Pressed Powder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good post :) I have a few matte lipsicks and I'm never that satisfied with how they look on me - will definitely be trying your tips out!

    Lots of love,
    Charlotte xx
    dobeautywithcharlotte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete