Wednesday, November 27, 2013

All About Beauty Sponges

Hello Ladies!
A beauty sponge is one of my favorite ways to apply Foundation. It leaves a flawless, airbrushed finish and is so easy to use. I use a Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge from Target. I'm sure you can find similar ones at any drugstore though. I haven't tried a beauty blender yet, so I can't compare the two. I wanted to share how I use and clean it.
Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge
I start by dampening the sponge to prevent it from soaking up too much foundation. I find that it wastes a lot of product if I don't. I then dot the foundation all over, towards the inner parts of my face. I am using Covergirl's 3-in-1 foundation here.


I then take the sponge and blend the foundation outwards. Dotting it towards the center of your face, then blending it out helps prevent harsh makeup lines around your face. Once I feel like it is all blended into my skin I apply a concealer under my eyes and to any blemishes. The tip of the sponge is perfect for applying concealer. I always set it with a translucent powder.


This is the finished look after applying blush and eye makeup. 

Cleaning the Sponge
I always rinse the sponge before I use it each time and I try to clean it about once a week. I use baby shampoo and put a quarter sized amount on the palm of my hand. I roll the sponge around on it and then rinse it under hot water continually squeezing out the water until it is clean. If its not looking as clean as I like I will use more of the baby shampoo. I clean my makeup brush a similar way. If you want to see click here.

Thanks for visiting!!


1 comment:

  1. I have been wondering whether to get a beauty sponge to add to my collection, as they look so easy to use and convenient. Thanks for sharing, I will definitely get a sponge now :)

    Paula at Beauty Lover

    ReplyDelete