Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My Skincare Routine (for Oily Skin)


Hello! Today I wanted share my skincare routine with you. I've never struggled with acne, but my skin never seems to be completely clear either. I have been trying products to find the "perfect" skincare routine. I wouldn't say that it's perfect yet, but my skin is has been more clear, so it seems to be working well. I try to keep it fairly simple, so I don't use too many products. I have oily skin, so these products may be too drying for those with dry skin. These are the products that work well for me, but they may not work for everyone.



 
Daytime:
Every morning I wash my face with The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash. I apply The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil to any blemishes, then I use Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer. This moisturizer is great for oily skin because it is light weight and oil free. These are the only products I use before applying foundation.



Nighttime: 
At night I use a few of the same products. I start by removing my eye makeup with coconut oil. I take a small amount of coconut oil and warm it up with my fingers. Then I gently rub the oil over my eyes in a circular motion. It looks kind of like scary raccoon eyes afterwards, but it removes mascara and eyeliner well. I use the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash by The Body Shop to remove the coconut oil and any face makeup. I then use the Tea Tree Facial Wash again, but with my Clarisonic Mia 2. I love using the Clarisonic. I have noticed a huge difference in the condition of my face since using it. It does tend to dry skin out, so I use Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator afterwards. I just have a sample size of this product, but I may get a full size once this is done. You really only need a small amount so this has lasted a while. I finish with applying Tea Tree Oil to any blemishes and then I use C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve on my lips. 

What are your favorite skincare products?

Thanks for visiting!
post signature

9 comments:

  1. I also have oily skin, and use some of the products with tea tree oil from The Body Shop. Like their toner and facial mask. I should really purchase the actual oil for my blemishes.
    I also use the Simple moisturizer for day time, I use a different night time moisturizer.
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all The Body Shop products I have tried so far. I wanted to try the toner, but it was sold out when I bought the face wash online. I'll have to give the facial mask a try too. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. I have acne prone oily skin. I love TBS tea tree lotion. I also use clay masks twice a week to keep oil away. It does wonders. I have stopped eating dairy which has also helped me a lot.
    Loved reading your oily skin routine :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for a face massager for quite some time now! I like the products that you use :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you use coconut oil to remove makeup. That is so clever!
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does the coconut oil remove waterproof eye makeup? I have been looking for a better way to remove it, coconut oil sounds great.
    I wish I could use the clarisonic, but I have heard of many people that it is drying & I have sensitive / dry skin so it probably wouldnt be worth purchasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only used it a couple of times with waterproof makeup. It works ok, I feel like there are products that would work better though. I felt like it didn't remove all of the mascara.
      I have pretty oily skin and the clarisonic dries my face out if I don't use a moisturizer. It probably isn't worth buying if you have dry skin in my opinion, although they do sell different brush heads, so maybe there is one for dry skin. I know there is one for sensitive skin. Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  6. Oh! And I have finally done the liebster Award you have nominated me for, sorry it took ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait to check it out! Thanks for doing it.

      Delete