Thursday, April 10, 2014

ELF Pink Passion and St. Lucia Blush Review and Swatches

Hello! I hope everyone is having a fantastic week. A couple of weeks ago I was browsing the makeup section at our local drugstore and noticed they just started carrying E.L.F. products. I have only tried a few things and since these products are so inexpensive I thought I would try a couple more out. The single blush is called Pink Passion and the duo is in St. Lucia.
Pink Passion is a nice, bright pink blush. I love that it is matte. It looks kind of scary in the packaging, but it goes on nicely and the color is buildable.
St. Lucia is a blush and bronzer duo. The blush is a soft, rosy pink with shimmer in it. I am impressed by this blush and the color looks really nice on. I don't normally like a lot of shimmer in my blushes, but this one is not bad. The bronzer doesn't work for my skin tone at all. I am very fair and this bronzer is way too dark. It looks very muddy and I don't like the shimmer in it.
Pink Passion, St. Lucia Blush, St. Lucia Bronzer
Packaging: The packaging isn't bad for these products. It comes in a black packaging and they both have mirrors. They don't come with mini brushes, so if you plan on carrying this in your makeup bag you will need a separate blush brush.
Application: Both of the blushes go on nicely and are easily blended. The colors are pigmented and buildable. 
Long-lasting: The only thing that I don't like about the blushes is they don't last long. I find that after a few hours they wear off and I have to reapply. 
Price: Each of these products are $3. 

I would give these blushes a 3.5 out of 5. I really like the colors and how easy the application is. I'm not sure if I will purchase anymore just because they don't wear very long. For $3 I would say they are a good product for the price. So if are looking for an inexpensive blush, I would suggest these. 

Thanks for visiting! 

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with this review. I have the St. Lucia duo. Both shades apply really nicely, but a lot of times they don't last throughout the day. Thank you for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found they don't last. They are great for the price though.
      Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete