Friday, April 25, 2014

China Glaze: Neons

Hello! Spring and Summer are the perfect time to wear bright, neon colors. China Glaze has quite a few options. I have only tried two polishes from this collection. Both of them have a nice matte finish. I assume the rest are matte finishes also. 

Kiwi Cool-ada, Pool Party, Sun Worshiper, Towel Boy Toy, Flip Flop Fantasy 


This color is definitely not what I expected. I purchased it online, and in the pictures this polished looked more neon pink. It is kind of hard to see in the pictures, but in person it had more of an orange tint to it. My husband said it was the perfect color to wear if I were to ever go hunting with him. haha! I don't think was that orange, but I am not a huge fan of the color. I do plan on trying this again with a matte top coat to see how it looks. In my opinion it is a better color for the summer and it might look nice with a little bit of a tan. If all else fails I would probably wear it on my toes. I am still looking for a nice neon pink color that is more of a hot pink. If you know of any please let me know! 
The other color that I have is Flip Flop Fantasy. This is a nice orange/ slightly coral color. I didn't put a top coat on this time because I wanted to keep the matte finish. I also only used one coat of the nail polish. I put a white base underneath first. This seemed to help keep the color more true to the bottle. The polish is a little bit brighter in person than it is in the picture. 

What nail polishes have you been liking for the spring?
Thanks for visiting! 

9 comments:

  1. I honestly don't own any neon polishes, hmmm, I'm thinking I need some now. LOL! I like how Flip Flop Fantasy looks on you.
    I'm loving Kiwi Cool-ada and Towel Boy Toy!
    I recently bought the JulieG Cruise Collection, so I bet I'll be wearing those a lot this spring and summer.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These are the first ones that I own. They are so much fun for summer.
      I've never heard of JulieG Cruise Collection before so I had to google it. They are really pretty! I'll have to check the brand out! Where do they sell this brand?
      xo

      Delete
  2. These colours are gorgeous! I don't ow any china glaze nail polishes but I really should, especially these! x

    http://justjulie81.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are actually the first polishes I have tried from China Glaze. I have been liking the colors but I'm not completely impressed by the quality of them. They chipped the day after painting them. It's probably my fault though because I didn't use a top coat. I didn't want to use a shiny top coat over the matte finish. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. I have really been wanting Flip Flop Fantasy, and honestly don't know why I haven't purchased it yet. It's the perfect summer color! I do have a neon pink and neon purple that I love wearing and need to use them soon! Great post! xoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it's the perfect summer shade! These are the first neon colors I have owned and I really like them! You should definitely get Flip Flop Fantasy!

      Delete
  4. Flip Flop Fantasy is such a pretty! I think coral shades look really awesome on everyone, especially when you're tan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been loving the color this spring. Your'e right, it would look great with a tan. I think a lot of the neon shades will look even better with a tan :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Hi there ! I just wanted to let you know, I nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Further instructions you will find on my blog, enjoy!
    http://floorsworld.blogspot.be/2014/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete