Thursday, June 25, 2015

Lorac Unzipped Gold Palette Review and Swatches

Hi There! I am so excited for today's post and to share this palette with you. I picked up the Lorac Unzipped Gold Palette from Ulta a few days ago and already love it. I had been eying the original Unzipped Palette for quite a while, but the gold shades in this one got me. Gold is my absolute favorite color to wear on my eyes. I know this palette has been out for a little while, but I haven't seen too much about it on Youtube or on many blogs. I wanted to do a quick review and swatches. I will create a couple of looks with this palette later on.
Lorac Unzipped Gold Palette
This palette has 4 matte shades {Undressed, Undeniable, Unedited, Unwind} and 6 shimmery shades {Uninhibited, Unpredictable, Unlimited, Unleashed, Unafraid}All of these shades are beautiful and highly pigmented. I was honestly surprised by how well the colors blended together. I have the Lorac Pro 2 Palette and find it hard to blend the colors, especially the matte shades. These eyeshadows must be formulated differently, because I didn't have an issue with them.  This palette also comes with a mini Behind the Scenes Eyeshadow Primer.
Lorac Unzipped Gold Palette Swatches
 This palette has a nice blend of gold tone. Unpredictable {top, middle} is more of a rose gold and Unleashed has a more bronze undertone {bottom, middle} The only thing I wish this palette had was a lighter brown/tan shade. Its not a big deal because I can use a color from a different palette I have, but all of the brown shades are on the darker side. Unafraid {bottom, right} looks like it is matte, but there is a slight shimmer to it.
Lorac Unzipped Gold wet dry swatches
These shadows can be worn dry or wet. I did a side by side of the dry colors {left} and when they were wet {right} The picture doesn't really do them justice. When wet, these shadows were quite a bit more intense. When using them wet I never stick my wet brush directly into the palette, but I would spray a bit of water or Mac Fix Plus on my brush after putting the shadow on it.
I have been applying these shadows on top of my Urban Decay Primer Potion and they last for a good part of the day. I only retouch it a little bit if I am going out at night.

If you have tried this palette or the original, what are your thoughts?
I hope you enjoyed this post. Thanks for reading!
{Don't forget to follow me on Twitter or Instagram to see looks using this palette}

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love it! all of the colors are so beautiful.
      Thanks for the comment. xo

      Delete
  2. I'm looking and waiting to buy it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a hold of it soon! I think this may be my favorite palette I own.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. I have been wanting this palette!! I swatch it every time I go into Ulta. lol. Such pretty colors and the texture is so creamy!! Love it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like that with the original Unzipped Palette. The golds got me with this one. I love the texture too! So great to blend.

      Delete