Friday, February 28, 2014

Tips for Lips

Hello! Happy Friday. Every winter it seems that I battle chapped, cracked lips. . Sometimes it seems like I am constantly applying chapstick and lip treatments with little improvement. While I haven't found a way to fix it completely, I have found ways that help.

Exfoliate: This gets rid of dead cells and help makes lips soft and smooth. There are a few different ways to exfoliate:
  • You can purchase a lip scrub like this one from lush.
  • There are a ton of recipes to make them. Whenever I make one I keep it simple by just adding a little bit of sugar to a small amount of coconut oil.
  • You can also gently rub your lips in a circular motion with a wet toothbrush. This is the method I prefer just because its quickest.
Avoid drying lip products: I have the hardest time with this one. My favorite lip colors are Revlon's Kissable Balm Stain, but they are extremely drying. I have been trying to avoid them and other products that are drying. Whenever I do wear a lipstick I always wear a chapstick or balm on top of it.

Moisturize: This is an obvious one, but it is a must. I have rediscovered Carmex and I feel like my lips have improved since using it. I keep it with me and apply it all of the time. I also like to use Rose Salve on my lips because leave a nice, shiny finish and really seal in moisture. If you want to see a full review of this product click here.

Drink water: Hydration starts from within so be sure you are drinking your H2O.

Take care of your lips when you are outside: Make sure your lips are protected from the cold wind in the winter months and wear a lip product with SPF in it during the summer to protect them from the sun.

What are your best lip tips?
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment