Wednesday, February 19, 2014

NOTD: Miami Beets

Hello! I hope everyone is having a great week. We finally had a break from our snowy, cold weather today at a high of 45! It was nice to have the sun shining too. If you have been following my blog for a while, you probably know that I love nail polish. There is rarely a time when I don't have my nails painted. A lot of the polishes I get, I see on Pinterest first. This polish was no different. In the pin, the color was a lot darker, so when I tried the color out I wasn't too sure I liked it. This is my second time wearing it and it has really grown on me. It is called Miami Beet by OPI. It is a perfect berry color for the fall or winter months. 
It needed 2 coats to be opaque. As always, I used Essie base and top coat. I would definitely wear a base coat with this color so it doesn't stain your nails. 
What are your favorite winter nail polishes?
Thanks for visiting! 

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty and flattering color on you! This is a great color to transition from the super dark winter colors. I have loved using my dark colors this winter, but I have been reaching for my brights since it has warmed up where I live. Great post! xoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It hasn't warmed up where I live, but I found that I have been wearing more spring colors too. Wishful thinking I guess. You're right, this is a great transition color. :)

      Delete
  2. This shade is very pretty! Pinterest literally feeds my makeup obsession, lol. I love Pinterest. We finally got some sun today too, but it was more like 75 degrees outside and it was wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only wait for 75 degree weather. I have been happy when we get up to 40 degrees. lol. I love Pinterest too. I have that same problem too about it feeding my obsession. Especially with nail polish! I have so many thing that I want to try.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, that colour is gorgeous. I love wearing darker/berry shades on my nails,like I currently love Barry M's raspberry!x

    Kathryn | effievanity
    (p.s, I'd love for you to enter my giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love darker colors too. I thought this one was going to be a little bit darker than it is. I'm actually glad its not.
      I've never tried Barry M's polishes. Do you recommend them?
      I would love to enter your give away :)
      Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  4. Oh I am so jealous! That color is amaazing, sadly opi is so expensive, too expensive for me at the moment...
    Thank you for welcoming me back kelly (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I wish OPI wasn't so expensive. There are so many colors I want to try. Once in a while I will splurge and get one.
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! I saw this post and was drawn to the colour! It's so gorgeous! :) <3

    Lucie xx

    Fatbeautyx // Youtube

    ReplyDelete