Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentines Day Nails

Hello lovely ladies! I hope everyone had a good week.  I did this nail look about a week ago because Valentines Day is coming up. I can't believe its less than a week away... it feels like it was just New Years. I normally don't do anything too special with my nails, but I thought it would be fun to add some glitter and hearts.  I was going to add more hearts, but it was hard to paint them on my right hand using my left so I stopped at one. :)
I used Essie Cute as a Button on all of my nails. I added a chunky glitter polish to my pinky and index nail and then I made a small heart on my ring finger. I made the heart by dipping a ball point pen into white nail polish then drawing the heart. The pen I used was out of ink, but I don't think it matters if you use one that is not. I first made the top parts of the heart, then connected them together. I practiced a few time on my nails before I painted them to find a technique that worked well, so I don't mess up my nails after they were painted. I liked this look but if I were to do it again I would use a darker color under the glitter. I don't like that you can see the bright pink around the outside of my nails.

Do you have any big Valentines Day plans?
Thanks for visiting! 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous nails :) I'm probably going to spend my Valentine's Day working late :/ But I hope you have a good time!

    May from La Vie En May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That stinks you have to work late :(
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love these, I have a date with my bf this valentines which will be nice, what about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      A date will be fun.
      We are probably going to go to dinner and possibly a hockey game.
      Nothing to fancy.

      Delete
  3. I love this nail look! Thanks for sharing! I need to do my nails, so I may give the hearts a try! xoxo Lauren
    www.willsingformakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Glad you like it.
      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this nail art design! That's so smart to dip a pen in a white polish then draw it. It's always so hard with just a nail art brush. Thanks for sharing Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am awful with a nail art brush. I find that the pen has a lot more control and is easier for basic designs.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete