Sunday, February 16, 2014

How to Make any Lipstick Matte

Hello! I hope everyone is having a good weekend. My husband took me out to a nice dinner for Valentines Day and on Saturday we had a game night with a couple of friends. I have been trying to get over this cold I have had for a couple of weeks so that's about all we have done this weekend. 

 I recently learned a trick that I would like to share with you on how to make any lipstick matte. I think that matte lips look really nice, but I haven't personally bought any. With this trick it is nice to be able to choose between shiny or matte with any color you own.
I started by applying the lipstick directly on my lips. If the color has a lot of shine to it I lightly blot it with a tissue first. Then I took my Revlon translucent powder and brushed it on my lips with a fluffy brush. Any translucent powder that you have should work. You will get a small amount of lipstick on the brush so I recommend using one that you don't use for anything else. It did lighten the color a little bit, but the picture makes it look lighter than it actually is.
I hope you guys found this tip helpful. 
Thanks for visiting!


6 comments:

  1. I love this trick! I've heard that you can put a tissue over your lips, then apply the translucent powder over it to make a matte lip too. That might help keep the lipstick more true to color, but I haven't actually tried it myself! That's a beautiful color on you! Thanks for sharing! xoxo Lauren
    www.willsingformakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I have never heard of the tissue trick. I will have to give it a try. That would be great if the color stayed a little bit more true.
      Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete