Monday, February 17, 2014

Studio Gear Hidden Agenda Concealer Review

Hello! If you have been following my blog for a while you probably have heard me rave about Covergirl and Olays Simply Ageless concealer. Unfortunately, I think they discontinued this product, because I can't find it anymore. So, I began to look for a new concealer. I tried one from Covergirl and another from Maybelline and they were both horrible for under the eyes. I feel like I packed on a ton of product and I still looked like I hadn't slept all night. I had been searching for a HG concealer and I really thought I had found it with the Simply Ageless one. I have tried a ton of concealers and most either have poor coverage, crease or just don't last throughout the day. I saw a few good reviews about Studio Gear's Hidden Agenda Concealer, and decided to give it a try. I haven't been using too long so I haven't decided if this is a HG product yet, but it is definitely a current favorite.
Consistency: This concealer is very creamy and blends nicely. I dot it under my eyes and either use my makeup sponge to blend it out or I use my fingers. I feel like when I use my fingers I get a little bit better coverage though. This concealer also works well for covering blemishes. Once blended it looks natural and not cakey. I also don't have any problems with it creasing.
Color: I originally bought this product in light but I had to return it because it was too light. I use light in almost everything so I was surprised I needed darker. I went with the light-medium which is still a little bit lighter than my skin color, but its nice to use a shade lighter under the eyes to brighten anyways. The downside of this product is there isn't a wide range of colors. I think that there are only 4 options with the darkest one in natural beige. The light color will work well for very fair skin.
Wear: This concealer lasts nicely throughout the day, but if I go out at night I will normally touch it up. 
Packaging: I like the packaging. It comes in a pot with a twist off cap. .25 ounces of product.
Price: $16

If you are looking for a great concealer I would give this one a try. It is definitely worth it!
Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really nice concealer. I normally don't give any thought to Studio Gear, but I'll have to take a look now! xoxo Lauren
    www.willsingformakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally don't pay any attention to Studio Gear either. I had a different concealer in mind that I was going to get and happened to walk by this one at Ulta. It caught my eye so I looked up a reviews quick and saw they were pretty good. This one was $10 cheaper so I went for it.
      I am interested in trying their other products now!
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete