Saturday, February 1, 2014

Makeup Tips for Oily Skin

Hello ladies! I hope everyone is having a great weekend. The hubby and I are spending the night at home having a Breaking Bad marathon. Love nights like this!
I know that struggles of having oily skin. Makeup sliding off my face looks worse than not wearing any makeup at all. Especially during the summer my face will start to look oily a couple of hours after I apply my makeup. I haven't found any product or technique to fix it completely, but they have significantly helped.

  • Find a foundation that is geared towards oily skin. Some brands have the same foundation for dry/normal skin and a different formula for oily skin. If it doesn't say, use one that is water-based, not oil-based. Before trying a new foundation I will normally look up reviews and see what other people with a similar skin type are saying. 
  • Use a moisturizer. Using a moisturizer is important even with oily skin. Find one that is oil-free. I really liked Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. It is kind of pricey, but it lasted a long time. For a cheaper option I also like Simple's Hydrating Light Moisturizer. Both are light weight and don't feel greasy on the skin.
  • Only wash your face twice a day- in the morning and at night. Washing your face more often will strip your skin of natural oil and will cause it to produce more oil.
  • Use a primer- Using a primer helps makeup stay in place longer. Make sure it is also oil-free. I like to put primer on after moisturizer and before foundation. I also use a primer for eye makeup to prevent creasing.
  • Blotting paper is great to use when you start to look a little shiny. Applying more powder will also take the shine away, but can look cakey so I would recommend using the blotting sheets instead. Dab the blotting paper wherever you need to instead of rubbing.
  • After applying foundation I like to take a Kleenex and blot my skin with it. It takes away any excess oil from the foundation. Make sure that the Kleenex doesn't have lotion in it. Also I normally will peel the Kleenex into 2 pieces making it thinner.
  • Use a translucent powder to set makeup. I like to use a translucent powder instead of a pigmented pressed powder. 
  • Use a setting spray. I like Urban Decay's De-slick Setting spray. This is another product that helps makeup stay in place. This isn't something that I use every day, but it is nice to have.  
What are your oily skin tips?
Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

  1. Great tips! I love the Urban Decay De-slick too! The Tarte Amazonian clay loose powder is amazing for oily skin.

    ReplyDelete