Saturday, December 28, 2013

12 Beauty Favorites in 2013

I can't believe 2013 is almost over. I wanted to share some of my favorite beauty products for this year. I have talked about many of these already on my blog, but they are worth mentioning again.


1. Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation- I use the color 820. This is my favorite liquid foundation. It has a medium coverage that leaves a nice matte finish. It lasts for a good 8 hours and it comes in a pump bottle which makes it easy to use.
2. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey Deuce- I am on my second tube of this product. I absolutely love the color. It is a natural looking color, but it can be darkened with a couple of layers. It can be drying, but chapstick on top helps.
3. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic- This is the first red lip product I have tried and I can't believe I waited so long to try one. This one is nice because it is fairly sheer when you first put it on. The color becomes more bold with a couple of layers though.
4. Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Enchanted Perfume- I just got a second bottle of this perfume. Its hard to describe the scent, but it does smell sweet. I like this one better than the original Wonderstruck.
5. Essie Nail Polish in Bahama Mama- This is a lovely maroon colored polish that has been a favorite of mine this winter.
6. Orly Nail Polish in Halo- I have been accenting my ring finger with this gold, glitterly nail polish. I have really been liking chunky glitter, especially for the winter.
7. Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara- I think I may have found my new favorite mascara. For years I have been using Covergirl's Lashblast. I got this one on sale on figured it was time to try a new mascara and I am so glad that I did. This lengthens lashes and makes them look incredible with a couple of layers.
8. Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Concealer- This concealer is great for under eye circles. It covers discoloration and blend nicely into skin.
9. Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner- I use the brown color on my bottom lash line. It blends nicely for a smokey look and stays put all day without running or smudging.
10. Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded- I have a few of the Color Tattoo and they look nice on their own or under eyeshadow as a base. Barely Branded is a beige color that makes light eyeshadow colors pop.
11. Urban Decay's Naked 3- I got this palette only a couple of weeks ago, but I already love it. The colors are rose-toned and aren't like any other colors that I have. They are all so pretty and warm toned.
12. Suave Professional Dry Shampoo- If you have never tried a dry shampoo, I highly recommend that you do. The second day after washing my hair I spray this at the roots and it soaks up any oil and freshens my hair. It also adds volume which is nice.

I also wanted to do a quick recap of the year. It has been crazy with so many memories.
  • I started blogging. This has been an awesome experience so far. I can't wait to see where 2014 takes it.
  • We went to the East Coast for the first time. New York was on my bucketlist of places to go, so I'm glad that we finally did. 
  • 3 huge 80ft trees fell in our driveway unfortunately landing on my husbands truck.  
  • My husband and I bought our first house.  We have had a lot of fun making it our own. 
  • Our second niece was born. Just a few weeks ago. 
  • After years of convincing, my hubby finally enrolled in college. yay!
What are your favorite products for the year.
Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Love your favorites :) My favorite is the original Naked palette and the Naked Basics. I bought the Naked 3 last week, which I like, but I LOVE the original. And then my other favorite for this year is Moroccan Argan Oil. It is amazing and very versatile! I use it in my hair and face. IT's done wonders to my hair!

    Natasha
    desertnatasha.blogspot.ae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the original naked palette too. I have had it for a couple of years though so the naked 3 is a nice change. I've heard a lot of great things about argan oil. I use coconut oil on my hair, but I'm all for trying new things I'll have to pick some up. :)

      Delete