Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Eyebrow Difference

Hello Ladies! I hope everyone is doing well. It has been really cold and snowing for the past couple of days here in Michigan. I have been spending a lot of time cuddling with a blanket and hot chocolate while studying.  On a more positive note the semester is almost over.  Today I wanted to share my eyebrow routine. Eyebrows make a huge difference! I use NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in dark brown/brown. It comes with an eyebrow gel and a small brush. I don't use the gel and use an angled brush by EcoTools. The color matches pretty well, but I could have probably used a shade lighter.  There are 6 other colors to choose from for blonde, red or black hair. If you have blonde hair you want to choose a color that is a shade darker than your hair and if you have dark hair you want to choose a color that is a shade lighter than your hair.


BEFORE                                                                                                          AFTER
I know you can't see a huge difference in the pictures, but there is. My eyebrows look a little bit thicker and more full. I start by outlining my eyebrows with the darker color using the angled brush. The line may look a little bit harsh but we will fix that later. I then take the lighter color and fill in the end of my eyebrow by making short, horizontal strokes. With the remaining product on the brush I fill in the inner part. I take the brush and make short, upwards strokes. I then use an eyebrow brush and smooth out any harsh lines and blend any parts that need blending. I normally don't use the gel, but if your brows are hard to keep in place the gel is helpful. You can also use clear mascara to tame them. I like Maybelline Great Lashes clear mascara. You can just use the mascara brush, so it is easy to use.
I hope that these directions are easy to understand. Let me know if you want to see how I shape them. 
thanks for visiting!




4 comments:

  1. I ALMOST bought that brow kit the other night at Ulta, but I'd never used powder before on my brows only a liner so I just got the retractable liner... which I don't really love. lol :)
    I also use an Anastasia gel that I got in an ipsy bag and love it :)
    http://2girls1beautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really like pencils for my brows. I think they are hard to use and I always seem to buy way too dark of a color. I really like this powder though. I highly recommend it :)
      I've never tired Anastasia products but I've heard great things about them.
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Wow that makes a big difference!! Great post!

    Brittnee
    http://beautyproductaday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete