Monday, October 7, 2013

Skincare Routine

Hello! 
Today I wanted to share my skincare routine with you. I have sensitive skin and get little breakouts fairly easily. It has taken a lot of trialing find products that work for my skin. Keep in mind, what works for my skin may not work for everyone's.

Daytime: In the morning I start by washing my face. I like to use Yes To Tomatoes Acne Control Gel Cleanser. Before applying any makeup I use a toner to prevent oil. I recommend using an alcohol-free toner because they are not as harsh on the skin. Next I use a light moisturizer by Simple. Its light-weight and works well with my oily skin. This might not be moisturizing enough for dry skin though.

Nighttime: At night I like to use makeup wipes to remove most of my makeup and eye makeup. Then I wash my face with the same wash I use in the morning, the Yes To Tomatoes. I don't use any moisturizer at night because I feel my face gets too oily when I do. If you have dry skin I recommend using a nighttime moisturizer.

Exfoliate: About once a week I exfoliate with coconut oil and baking soda. I mix about half and half. The baking soda is gentle on the skin while still exfoliating.  I wet my face then take the mixture and apply it to my face in small circular motions then rinse.

Lemons: a few months ago I was researching more natural ways to clear breakouts. I came across taking lemon juice and applying it to any problem areas. I put the lemon juice on a cotton ball and dab it on my skin. I leave it on for about 10 minutes then rinse it off. I was surprised how well it worked and within a couple of days my skin looked significantly better. I had tiny bumps on my forehead and those were gone too. The lemon juice kills any bacteria which helps fight and prevent breakouts. It does sting when putting it on any blemishes. Avoid going in the sun with it on your face because it can lighten skin. Lemon juice can also cause dark spots where it was applied on darker skin.

Thanks for visiting!
xo Kelly

1 comment:

  1. I'll definitely have to try lemon juice on my breakouts. I have a prescribed cream to put on my spots, but for some reason it hasn't been working lately. Definitely gonna try that out!

    ReplyDelete