Friday, August 30, 2013

Tips to Make Nail Polish Last Longer

Hello! I hate when I take the time to paint my nails and then the next day they chip. These are some of the tips and tricks I have learned to help nail polish last longer.
                                                     Essie: First Timer, Essie All in One 3-Way Glaze

Step 1: Before applying any polish, use a nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol to remove any oils on your nails. 
Step 2: Use a base coat. The will prevent your nails from become stained by dark polish and will help nail polish last longer.
Step 3: Apply multiple thin coats of nail polish, instead of one thick coat. 
Step 4: Let each coat dry completely before applying the next coat to prevent bubbles.
Step 5: Finish with a thin layer of top coat. Apply it around the tip of your nail and under, to protect the ends from chipping (pictured below)


     Additional Tips:
    • Avoid soaking your hands in water.
    • Every day or every other day, reapply a top coat.
    • Find a quality top coat. I have tried many and it really makes a difference! This is the first time I have used Essie's All-in One 3-Way Glaze Top Coat. I like it so far, but I will do a review after I use it a couple of times.
    • Instead of shaking the nail polish, roll the bottle between your hands. This helps prevent air bubbles from forming.
    Thanks for visiting! 
    Kelly 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment