Monday, August 12, 2013

How to Use Dry Shampoo

What does Dry Shampoo do?
Dry shampoo is a way to freshen your hair without using water. It is a powder that allows you to go longer in between washes, because it soaks up oil and dirt. It comes in two forms: loose powder and an aerosol can. I prefer the aerosol can because loose powder can be messy and I feel that a lot of product gets wasted.

Easy Way to Use Dry Shampoo: 
1. Since hair is more oily at the roots, start by parting hair on one side of your head and lightly spray the dry shampoo about 8 inches away from your head. Continue to part your hair until you reach the other side, each time giving it a light spray. Flip your hair upside down and spray the bottom of your hair. It is important to only spray lightly because applying too much can make your hair look white, especially for darker hair.
2. Gently massage the dry shampoo into your scalp.
3. If you have straight hair use a comb to brush the dry shampoo out. If you have curly hair like me, flip your hair upside down and run your fingers through your roots to get the excess product out.

Why Use Dry Shampoo?
  • Dry shampoos are great because they freshen hair in a couple of minutes without having to take the time to wash, dry and style.
  • Washing your hair daily is damaging and strips your hair of natural oils, but using a dry shampoo allows you to go longer without washing your hair with regular shampoo.
  • Dry shampoo can add volume to hair. After spraying dry shampoo on hair use a blow dryer on your roots to create volume. You can even do this when you hair is clean if you want more volume.


I have tried a few high end and drugstore dry shampoos and Suave is my favorite. I have dark brown hair and as long as I don't spray to much in one spot, or spray to closely to my hair, it doesn't leave white residue on my hair. It is not sticky like other dry shampoos either. It does have a strong citrus smell though. I like the smell, but it may be too strong for some.
This is also cheap which is always good. It is about 3-4 dollars at the drugstore.







Another one of my favorite dry shampoos is the Batiste Dry Shampoo. There is a wide variety of scents as well as ones with a hint of color for medium/ brunette hair as well as dark and deep brown to prevent your roots from having the white residue. I have only tried the original one and it smells good and is not too strong. I also found that I needed to spray it carefully to not make my roots look white. This product is a little bit more expensive then the Suave Dry Shampoo. It was about 8 dollars at the drugstore.



Thanks for visiting!
xo, 
    Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment