Wednesday, September 3, 2014

How to Prevent Frizzy Hair

Hello! Can you believe is is already September?! This summer has flown by. Today was the first full day of my internship in a Kindergarten classroom. It is a lot of fun, but they have a lot of energy! A few weeks ago I shared how I style my wavy/curly hair. If you want to see that, click here. Today I wanted to share how I prevent frizz. Sometimes nothing helps, because when it is a hot Michigan day with 80% humidity, a bun is the way to go.  Here is a few tips for those not so humid days. This is mostly for those who would like to wear their hair naturally wavy/curly. But if you style your hair, I'm sure you could use a couple of these tips.

  • Wash your hair with warm water. Hot water can cause damage to your hair, leaving it more prone to frizzing. 
  • Dry your hair with a t-shirt. I can't tell you how many times I read this tip online before actually trying it. I feel like it does make a difference. Blot your hair dry, instead of rubbing it.
  • Don't brush you hair. If I need to, I brush the roots of my hair with a wide tooth comb. Brushing your hair will interrupt the natural curl/wave pattern. 
  • Let your hair air dry. I find that my hair is quite a bit more frizzy when I blow dry it with a diffuser. If I don't have time to let it air dry, I will blow dry it until it is almost dry, but leave it a little damp. 
  • Don't touch your hair. This is a big problem for me. I always catch myself touching my hair when it is wet, and when it is dry. But this also causes frizz when you are running your fingers through your hair. 
  • Use a good deep conditioner or treatment before washing (or both.) Wavy/ Curly hair tends to be more on the dry side, so it is important to moisturize! 
  • Find products that work for you hair. I can't tell you how many different curly hair products I have tried over the years. There were a few good ones, but more that did not work. I plan on doing a review on a few of my favorite products later this week.


 What are your best hair tips?
post signature

3 comments:

  1. So many great tips Kelly! My hair gets frizzy all the time because it's so humid here. It's a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Love summer, but hate that my hair gets frizzy!

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks gorgeous! Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete