Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Our Love Story

Today's post is going to be a little different. When I first started this blog, I intended it to be a beauty and lifestyle blog. I honestly think this is the first personal/ non-beauty related post I have done. I have been wanting to incorporate other topics as well, so I thought sharing one of the biggest parts of my life with you would be a good start. :)
I have never been outgoing, or one to "make the first move." When I got a message from a good looking guy on Myspace, little did I know my whole world was going to change. We started talking and discovered we went to the same high school and church. We went to a fairly large high school, and since he was 2 grades below me, we had never met.
We remained friends for a few months while we got to know each other, but on a whim, I asked him to go to prom with me. Thankfully, he accepted. That night he asked me out, and we were "official."
Things weren't easy though. There were some personal things that he was dealing with, and he was forced to change schools. Even though he only lived 45 minutes away, we only saw each other once every couple of weeks. Those drives home were tough, but looking back, this strengthened our relationship and solidified our want to be together. Things got easier when he moved back about a year later.
Early on in our relationship I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. He is everything that I am not and can truly be myself around him. After 2 years of dating we got engaged, and a year later, we got married. We don't have a romantic proposal story, but we simply talked about spending the rest of our lives together one day on the couch. We happened to find ourselves in a jewelry store later that day browsing the rings. I found one that I liked in particular, and unexpectedly, he purchased it.
 Last month was our 4 year anniversary. I can't believe how fast the time has gone, but I am blessed to have such a great husband and best friend by my side. Since we did get married so young, I feel like we can grow up together and learn life together.
 Thanks for reading!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. awe this is such a lovely post! congratulations on your four year anniversary. :)

    xx Amber
    www.ambermagus.ca

    ReplyDelete