Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Multi-Use Makeup

Hello! I was recently cleaning out my makeup and noticed a few items I wasn't using. These items were either a color that didn't work for me, or colors that aren't for everyday wear. I found a few other ways to use these products.

1. The first thing I found was a few lipsticks that I don't wear. Recently, I have been wearing colors more on the natural or nude side. This one in the picture is a pink color that is not very flattering on my lips. One way to use pink lipstick is to use it as a cream blush. As you can see from the picture, I only put a small amount of my cheeks. It easily blended with my fingers. This trick is great for makeup on the go too. I keep a lipstick in my makeup bag that I wear on my lips, but also looks nice on my cheeks if I need a little touch-up throughout the day. 

2. Another way you can use lipstick, is by layering different colors. The left swatch is called Vintage Pink by Rimmel. I do like the color, but it is quite purple. I like to keep my makeup more on the natural side for work and my internship, but I will occasionally wear it on a date night. To make the color more wearable during the day, I layer it with a nude-pink lip color. I put the pink color on first, and apply a thin layer of the Vintage Pink. The color to the right is the mixed color. It didn't photograph as nicely as I would have liked, but you can see the purple tint to it.
3. Lastly, I found this blush/bronzer duo from E.L.F. While I do like the blush, the bronzer is a little too dark for my skin. Actually, it is quite a bit too dark, and its has an orange undertone.
I have been using it as an eyeshadow and really liking it. I apply it on my eyelid and blend it out with a lighter brown. I then use a dark brown eyeshadow in my outer v and slightly blend it into the crease. It blends nicely and lasts as long as an eyeshadow with primer.
I hope you like this post. Let me know if you have any makeup tricks like this.
Thanks for visiting!!
post signature

7 comments:

  1. This is a really great idea! Will have to try this out on the items I don't use :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lipstick as blush was one of the first beauty tips i ever heard. still wonderful today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember who I learned it from, but it was from a youtube video a long time ago. It's nice when you are in a pinch and don't have blush :)
      thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  3. Love this post! I'm not sure why I've never used lipstick as a blush before, that's so smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I like that it looks nice and natural if you don't apply too much.

      Delete