Wednesday, July 30, 2014

NOTD: Essie Fashion Playground

Hello Ladies! About a month ago I bought Fashion Playground by Essie, and it has quickly turned into a favorite. I don't normally reach for green nail polish, but I have worn this color a few times already. It is a pastel,  mint-green color, that is beautiful for the spring and summer. This color is part of Essie's Spring 2014 collection. This is the only polish I have from this collection, but there are a couple other nice shades.


This nail polish did need 3 coats to be opaque. That would be my only complaint, because it took so long for it to dry. I don't like to wear nail polish that is too crazy to work, but I feel comfortable wearing this color since this is such a soft green. I would recommend picking this polish up if you are looking for a nice green polish. 
Don't forget to enter my giveaway if you haven't already. Check it out here.  
Thanks for visiting!
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Essie has been a bit hit or miss lately. That color is beautiful, though. I've been looking for a softer green, so I may try to find this.
    xoxo Lauren | Will Sing For Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a while I was only buying Essie nail polishes because they worked well for me and lasted the longest. Recently I have been trying out some other brands, especially drugstore and find that they last almost as long for a fraction of the price. Chelsea said that Sinful Colors has a similar color too if you want to go for a different brand. :) Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. This polish looks a lot like the one I got from Influenster from Sinful Colors. I didn't look all that exciting in the bottle but was super pretty on the nails. I don't think it's too bright to wear to work either. Great post Kelly! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that one. You're right, it doesn't look too exciting in the bottle. The color looks even better in person than in the picture. haha Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Color is very pretty. I love Essie's nail polishes too :-)

    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete