Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Does it Work: Cocoa Powder Tan

Hello! I hope everyone is having great week. I have seen a lot of great ideas on Pinterest, and a lot of not so great ideas. I thought it would be fun to have a series to try out some of the beauty ideas on Pinterest to see if they work and if they are worth giving a try. 
The first one I decided to try was the Cocoa Powder Tan. I'm not big into going to the tanner or laying on the sun, so a DIY tanner would be perfect to give my pale legs a little life. 
The directions said to mix 1/4 cup cocoa powder to 1 cup lotion. I decided not to make that much in case it didn't work, but I kept the 1:4 ratio the same.
I mixed 2 spoonfuls of the cocoa powder with Vaseline lotion. The first issue I had was mixing it together. It was hard to break apart all of the clumps of cocoa to make it entirely smooth. After a minute of mixing, it still wasn't completely smooth, but it was better. I put a small spoonful on my leg and started to rub it in. It was started going on very streaky and was hard to rub in. I was a little bit worried that it would leave a big, orange streak on my leg, but I wiped away the excess product and it took all of the color off with it. I can't say that I was too disappointed. If it would have left color behind it wouldn't have been even. 

Unfortunately this Pinterest idea did not work. Hopefully the next one we test will be better. 
Don't forget to enter my giveaway if you haven't already. here
Thanks for visiting! 
post signature

6 comments:

  1. On a good note, your legs probably smell amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cocoa is good and loaded with anti oxidants. Your skin will thank you for sure :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that. Thanks for the information! :)

      Delete
  3. This is a great post, something I would try! I am always skeptical about those DIY things on Pinterest! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am skeptical about DIY on Pinterest too. I have so much pinned though I thought it was about time I try some of them out to see if they work. Thanks for reading!

      Delete