Wednesday, August 6, 2014

How to Style Curly Hair

Hello! Recently I have been wearing my hair natural more often. I have been trying to keep it as healthy as possible because I am trying to grow it out. My curly hair type is 2B-Wavy Curly. If you don't know your hair type you can find it here.


 I have tried quite a few hair products for curly hair over the years, and these are the best ones that have have found so far. Most are from Paul Michell's Curls Line. I plan on doing a full review on a few of these products soon.
At night, I start by washing my hair with Paul Michell's Spring Loaded Frizz-Fighting Shampoo. I just use a drugstore conditioner, nothing in particular. Once I get out of the shower, I use Paul Michell's Sculpting Foam and scrunch it in my hair. Washing my hair at night gives it time to air dry.


 
This is what my hair looks like in the morning somewhat. All I did was run my fingers through my hair to untangle it. In the morning, I start by straightening my hair around my face. I have a lot of baby hairs that tend to get a little out of control, so straightening helps smooth it out. If you don't have that issue, you probably won't need to use a straightener. I also curl my bangs because they are at an awkward length. I am trying to grow them out, but they go just past my chin and don't like to curl naturally very well. I add more product next. 
1) I wet my hair slightly with a waterbottle (everything but the roots.) I find that this helps the other products go on smoother. 
2)  Next, I use Paul Mitchell's Full Circle Leave-In Treatment. This is great for preventing frizz. If I use too much of this product it makes my hair look greasy, so I just use a small amount.
3) The third product I use is Loreal's EverStyle Strong Hold Styling Spray. I like to spray this product in my hands and scrunch it into my hair. This helps keep my hair in place without being as harsh as a hairspray. This will make your hair crunchy if too much is used. 
4) Lastly, I spray the top of my hair with a hairspray. I don't have a particular one I use. 
Sorry for the random change of shirts, I decided to take more pictures later that day.
I hope you find this post helpful. 
Thanks for visiting!
post signature

1 comment: