Monday, August 11, 2014

My Writing Process

Hello! Today's post is going to be a little bit different. I was tagged by Chelsea from Tiger Love Beauty to do the writing process tag. My writing process is fairly simple, but I thought it might be helpful for newer bloggers. 


1) What am I working on?

Right now I am working on growing my blog. I first started blogging with the intent that it was going to be a beauty and lifestyle blog. Most of my posts are beauty, but I have been working on more lifestyle posts (coming soon :) ) It is tougher than I thought coming up with lifestyle post ideas, and making them interesting for people to read. 
  
  2) How does my work differ from others of its genre? 
This is a tough question. I write about the products that I am liking and what works for me. Those aren't going to be the exact same products that another blogger would pick. I also focus more on drugstore products, as opposed to high-end. 
3) Why do I write what I do?
Before getting married, I started watching Youtube to learn how to do wedding makeup. Prior to that, I wore makeup, but very basic. This is when I discovered how much I like makeup. From there I watched countless videos to learn tips and tricks that I could try while doing my own makeup. It took me a while to get the nerve to start a blog, but I absolutely love it. And why not write about something that I enjoy doing.
   
 4) How does your writing process work?
I would like to say that I am organized with my blogging schedule, but I'm not. I normally get an idea for a post and write it in my notebook. When I sit down to write a post I will normally refer to my list for an idea. I like having options of what I write about, instead of following a schedule I make at the beginning of the month. I will normally start and finish a post in one sitting, but there are some posts that I will work on and off for a couple of weeks until it is just right.

I am nominating:
Lauren from Will Sing for Makeup. She is a beauty blogger who writes tons of helpful reviews. She has a great giveaway going on right now.
Belle from NaturelBelleFemme. She also writes a lot of helpful reviews, and her nail art is amazing! 
Maurissa from Maurissa Sees Beauty. She is a beauty and lifestyle blogger who writes a variety of posts including how-tos, reviews, hair.
Check these girls out, because they are all amazing. 
Thanks for visiting!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Thank you dear for the nominating me. I will do a blog post in coming days. It was fun to read about your blogging routine and work :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking part in this Kelly! It took me a while to work up the nerve to start a blog as well, and I'm really glad we both did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating me! My answers will be up later today. xoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing it. I really enjoyed reading your answers :)

    ReplyDelete