Friday, February 27, 2015

NOTD Essie Chinchilly

Hello! I am so glad the weekend is finally here. Last week I had an interview for a paraprofessional position with one of the local schools. I was excited, but nervous. While shopping for an outfit to wear, I stopped to take a look at the nail polishes. I had been wanting a gray for a little while, and when I saw Chinchilly, I thought it could work for the interview too.  That same day I had my interview I got a call that I got the job! I can't wait to get started next week.
Essie Chinchilly Nail Polish
 Chinchilly is a classic gray, with a hint of purple undertone. It is a gorgeous color that is perfect for the office. The only issue that I had with it is that is very sheer. The first time I wore it, it took 4 coats to have a nice, even application. I did wear it a second time and put a more opaque polish underneath to give it a base. I ended up needing 3 coats of Chinchilly on top of it, so the base didn't work as well as I had hoped.
Since I had to use 4 coats of polish, I didn't put a top coat on it. I didn't want to make the polish even thicker on my nail. I will definitely be using a top coat next time though because it only lasted a couple of days without one. 
Overall, I really like this color, I just wish it was more opaque, but I can deal with it.

Do you have a favorite gray nail polish?
Thanks for reading!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment