Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Urban Decay Primer Potion VS.Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Hello! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Eyeshadow is my favorite part of makeup to do. I enjoy trying new colors and trying out different ways to put them together. It is always irritating when my eyeshadow creases midday and just looks messy. One way to help prevent creasing is to use an eyeshadow primer. I have used a few, but today I wanted to do a review on Two Face Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer.
Eye shadow primer urban decay primer potion, too faced shadow insurance
Consistency: Shadow Insurance has a thinner formula while Primer Potion is a bit thicker and takes a few seconds longer to make sure that it is blended well. Both look natural on the skin once blended in.

Color: I own the original colors for both brands, which is a light beige/skin color. Both brands have other options for colors including a champagne color for both, a glitter glue for Too Faced and an anti-aging formula for Urban Decay. Both primers help make the eye shadows more vibrant.

Formula: I have been using Shadow Insurance for quite a while now, but recently tried a sample for the Primer Potion. I have used the Primer Potion before, but forgot how well it works. I have oily-combination skin, which means my eyeshadow doesn't stay put for long without a primer. The Shadow Insurances works okay, but I find that my eyeshadow will usually crease about midday. But with the Primer Potion, my shadow lasts all day and into the night. 

Packaging: Both packaging's come with a screw top and squeeze bottle. I don't find that either one are messy or have any complaints for either. 

Price: The original formula for both brands sells for $20. You do get slightly more product with Urban Decay's. Too Faced Shadow Insurance is .35 fl oz and Urban Decay's Primer Potion is .37 fl oz.

I would recommend Urban Decay's Primer Potion to anyone looking for a good primer. I find it more effective than Too Faced Shadow Insurance for skin that is more on the oily side.

What is your favorite eyeshadow primer?
Thanks for reading!
post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment