Friday, February 20, 2015

Beauty Blender vs. Real Techniques Miracle Complextion Sponge

Hello! Finally it is the weekend and today we had another snow day. It has been very cold here with extremely cold wind chill. I hope it is warmer where you are! I recently purchased a Miracle Complexion Sponge from Real Techniques because it was about time to replace my Beauty Blender. I have heard quite a few good things about the Miracle Complexion Sponge and have heard it is a good alternative to the Beauty Blender, and is possibly even a dupe.
Before switching to the Beauty Blender, I was using a sponge by Sonia Kashuk. If you are interested in seeing that comparison, click here.
Beauty Blender Vs. Real technique miracle complexion sponge
Price- Lets first talk about the price difference, because that is the first noticeable difference. The Beauty Blender is $19.95 at Sephora, while the Real Technique Sponge is $5.99 at Ulta. A lot of times, the Real Techniques brand will on sale for buy one get one 50% off too.
Shape- The Beauty Blender is in the shape of a tear drop, making it easy to use the larger side for foundation, and the smaller end for concealer and around the eyes and nose. The Real Techniques Sponge is a similar shape, but one side is flat. It's also easy to use the flat end to blend foundation, and the other end is also smaller for applying concealer.
Texture- both sponges expand when wet. The Beautyblender is softer while the Real Techniques sponge stays more firm even when wet.
Application- I do feel like I get a similar end result from both sponges. 
Overall- While I think the Real Technique Sponge it a nice alternative to the Beauty Blender, I do like the Beauty Blender more. Since it is softer, it is easy to bounce and roll  on the skin to get a perfect application. I feel like I have to work a little bit harder to get a similar application with the Real Technique sponge. If you have the money to splurge on a Beautyblender, I would say go for that, but if not, the real techniques is a great alternative.

Have you tried the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge?
Thanks for reading!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment