Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love spending time with family and doing all of our traditions. Today I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas, and share a few of my favorite activities to do around the holiday.
  • Movies- I love Christmas movies! Here are a few of my favorites:
    • Elf
    • How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    • Christmas Vacation
    • The Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Cookies- For the past few years, my mom and I have made cookies for Christmas. We don't get to spend too much time together with just her and me, so it was nice to get together to make these.
  • Lights- Where I live, downtown always has a nice park of lights. This year we went with a couple of our friends to walk through the lights and we rode the Holly Jolly Trolley through the area. It was a ton of fun, but so cold!
  • Christmas service- One important thing we always do is go to a Christmas service. Sometimes it's on Christmas Eve., but this year it was on the Sunday before. While it is nice to go to Christmas parties and give and receive gifts, the real reason we celebrate Christmas is because of the birth of Jesus. Isaiah 9:2 says: The people walking in darkness have seen a great light, on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned. In a world of darkness, he is the light- a hope for the world.
    From my family to yours- I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment