Monday, December 29, 2014

ColourPop Lippies Review

Hello ladies! I know Colourpop Lippies have gotten a huge amount of attention lately. And justifiably so, because they are amazing. I first heard about them from KathleenLights on Youtube. She is awesome and created one of the colors I purchased. I have mentioned quite a few times that Revlon Kissable Lip Stain in Honey is my holy grail lip product. It is a beautiful mauve color. When I saw the one KathleenLights created, I knew I would like it because it is similar to Honey. I prefer to wear colors that are a "your lip but better" color.
Coulorpop lippie review lumiere, brink
The color on the left is Lumiere, created by KathleenLights. This is my favorite color of the 2. A thin layer can be applied for a more natural color, or it is buildable for a darker application. 
The color on the right is called Brink and was inspired by the famous Kylie Jenner lip. I got the lip pencil and lippie stix for both colors, and they are both matte. My lips normally are too dry to wear matte colors, so I will usually apply a thin layer of chapstick underneath the lippie. I sometimes leave it matte, but often times I will apply a chapstick on top as well.
Lumiere

These lip products aren't extremely drying, but I wouldn't say that they are hydrating either. They are creamy and go on smoothly. The lip pencils are very creamy too. Sometimes I just wear the lip pencil and it has an amazing lasting power. I can wear it for hours and it still looks the same.
The packaging is simple, but nice for both products. The lippies twist up, while the pencils need to be sharpened.
Brink
The best part about these lippies, is they are only $5. I definitely plan on purchasing more soon. They also recently came out with matte eyeshadows that I am interested in trying. 
If you have tried Colourpop what are your favorite products/colors?
Thanks for visiting!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. These are really pretty! I've seen these all over the place, but I haven't been tempted just yet. I really like Lumiere. It really is like a "your lips but better" color. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should check them out sometime! For the price, they are awesome quality.

      Delete