Tuesday, December 30, 2014

How I Stay Organized

Hello! I cannot believe 2014 is almost over. For 2015, one of my New Years Resolutions is to stay more organized. In efforts, I was on a hunt for a cute, but functional planner. I have used planners before for school, but they weren't exactly what I needed in a planner. I have also tried using calendar apps on my phone, but I find that I will use it more if I write it down. 2015 is going to be a little all over the place for me with work. For one, I work at the Credit Union a few days a week, and I also substitute teach. With subbing I can be in a different grade or at a different school each day and it is important that I can quickly see where I need to be on a particular day. I spend a while trying to find a planner. I almost bought an Erin Condren Life Planner, but decided against it because of the size. I wanted something I could easily fit in my purse. I also couldn't justify spending $50 on a planner I can use one year. I found the planner I purchased at Barnes and Nobles. It measures 4.5x6.2, so it is perfect to take on the go. I spend about $13 on it.
The inside is adorable too. It has a few pages with pictures and/or quotes on it. There is also note pages which is nice. There are some note pages throughout the planner, and a few at the very back. In the back there is a space to write: Highlights of the year, things to do, places to visit, books to read and movies to see, restaurants to try. I'm not sure if I will use these pages or not, but they are cute.
In the front of the planner there is a calendar page for each month. I like to use this space for my blogging schedule. I like to keep this separate so I can easily see everything blog related. On the very first page I keep sticky notes. All I did was cut a sticky note smaller to fit on one day on the calendar. Since it is a sticky note, it can easily be moved to another day if I need to switch something up.
On the daily calendar, I write down my work schedule, bills due, and any appointments or events we have planned. I know some people color code their planner, but I have tried it before and it didn't work for me. 
 I hope this post is helpful. I know when looking for a planner to purchase and filling out a planner, you need to find what works for you. This is what works for me :)
How do you stay organized?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment