Monday, November 3, 2014

Ways to Keep the Spark in a Relationship

Hello! I hope everyone is having a great week. I have been married for four years and know that life is busy. Sometimes it's easy to fall into a routine in a relationship. Here are a few ideas I have to keeping the spark in a relationship.

1. Hold hands just because.
2. Open the door for her.
3. Write notes to each other. Leave them in the kitchen, on their nightstand, on the bathroom counter- anywhere.
4. Turn the phones off for a date night.
5. Make time for each other. Set aside time for the two of you to spend together and turn off the rest of the world.
6. Acknowledge the little things they do- When dishes are put away or laundry is folded.
7. Make a big deal out of birthdays, anniversaries and accomplishments. That doesn't mean go buy a big, expensive gift, it means celebrate with them. You should be their biggest fan.
8. Make a point to do things the other person likes to do.
9. Take a walk together just to talk.
10. Say I love you every day.
11. Laugh together.
12. Learn each others love language. (I will have a separate post on this)
13. Try something new with each other.
14. Cook with each other. Take turns picking out new recipes to try.
15. Take interest in the things that are important to the other.
16. Learn something new together.
17. Go out of your way to do something nice for them.
18. Never go to bed angry.

Thanks for reading! 
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Great ideas and all are easy to do.

    Looking forward to your upcoming post on learning each other's love language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      It will hopefully be up this weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Great advice! I just found your blog and love it. We have things in common for sure as for our hearts for marriage. I love the idea of learning something new together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm in my last semester of college, and my husband just got a new job, so needless to say we have been extra busy lately. It's sometimes easy to get too busy to spend time with each other. We came up with this list together and have tried a few things so far!
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Keeping the fire burning is something a great challenge in a long term relationship. Thanks for sharing your ways. I love the note tips. I also want to spend a special time with him even if life gets busy. Taking interest to the things he likes made me ponder, maybe I need to be more understanding.

    (" Sa Mata ng Isang Probinsiyana ")

    .

    ReplyDelete