Tuesday, November 18, 2014

NOTD: Sally Hansen Pat on the Black

Hello! I finally finished my 2 solo weeks of teaching at my internship. I had a ton of fun, but it was also a great learning experience. I can't believe I only have about 3 weeks left before graduation. It is  crazy how fast this semester has gone. Between last night and today, we got about 6 inches of snow here in Michigan. The roads have been terrible, so we had a snow day. I figured I would use my extra time to write a quick post :)
I wanted to share the polish I have been wearing on my nails for the last week. It is called Pat on the Black by Sally Hansen. It is part of their Complete Salon Manicure collection. I was so excited to find this color. I used to have it years ago when it was part of a different collection. I was disappointed when they discontinued it and ended up buying a couple extra bottles. I kind of forgot about the color when I finished them. I was looking at the nail polish when I saw this color on the shelf. I was pleasantly surprised that it was the same color I had used years before. 
Anyway, that was a long introduction to this color: 
Sally Hansen Pat on the Black nail polish
This polish is a beautiful deep purple color. It is very dark, but it is warmer than a black. In the light you can definetly see the purple. I have a few different colors from this collection and have been impressed by each one of them. With a top coat, this polish lasted for about a week for me with minimal chipping. I waited a day between painting my nails and applying a top coat and did have a few small chips, so I would recommend using a top coat. As always, I use Essie 3 in one top and base coat. Since this color is dark, I should wear a base coat with it, but I don't have hours to wait for my nails to completely dry :) The brush on these polishes is thicker than most other nail polish brands, but I like it. I don't find that it makes it harder to apply, but some may not like it.

Sally Hansen Pat on the Black nail polish
I hope you like this color. What is your favorite nail polish to wear in the fall?
Thanks for visiting! 

post signature

1 comment: