Saturday, July 25, 2015

My HG Concealer

Hello! I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. I did not mean to take so much time off of blogging, but today I am back with a concealer review. I was using the Studio Gear Hidden Agenda Concealer but the no longer sell it at Ulta. I ran out before having a chance to order it online, so I purchased the It Cosmetic Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer. I heard a couple of good things about it online, and figured it was worth a shot. This concealer is "full coverage, waterproof concealer with hydro-collagen, vitamins C&K."
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer review

Color: I have fair skin and the light color was way to light. I went with the neutral medium color and it is almost perfect for my skin. I know a lot of people like to use a lighter color under their eyes, but I prefer a color that is close to my shade.
Application: I always start by using an under eye cream just to provide the concealer with a nice base, The concealer is on the tacky side, but I don't mind it. I feel like it helps it stay put and not slide all over the place. And with this concealer, a little goes a long way! I dot the smallest amount on my finger and warm it up between my ring fingers. I apply the concealer to my under eye area, around my nose and on any blemishes. I have tried to use a beauty blender and a brush to blend it, but the heat from my finger helps it blend much better. Than I go over it with my beauty blender to blend it just a bit more. I let it sit for about 5 minutes before applying a setting powder. A setting powder is a must because the concealer has a shine to it without it. The setting powder will help the concealer last longer and will take away that shine. I don't have any issues with it creasing throughout the day, and it stays put all day without a problem.
Consistency: This concealer is thick and creamy. Because it is so thick, a small amount goes a long way.
Price: $24 dollars for .28 fl oz
I don't have terrible dark under eye circles, but they are worse than the picture shows. In the bottom picture, I applied the concealer and foundation. You can see that the concealer covers any imperfections well. This is before setting powder, so it is a little bit shiny in the picture.
Have you tried this product before? What is your favorite concealer?
Thanks for reading!

1 comment: