Friday, July 5, 2013

Coconut Oil




Coconut oil has so many different uses, beauty related and non-beauty related. My favorite way to use coconut oil is to use it as a deep conditioner. I apply it from roots to the ends of my hair about an hour before I take a shower. It comes as a semi-solid, but when heated it turns into an oil. I just take a small handful and warm it in between my hands and apply it. I gently put my hair up in a loose bun and let it sit. 
After about an hour I take a shower to wash it out. I lather and rinse with shampoo twice to make sure that its all off, because it can make your hair look greasy if its not. Then I use a conditioner like normal. It makes my hair feel soft and more manageable. It also puts much needed moisture back in my hair. I can definitely notice a difference when I use it. 
Coconut oil is also a good exfoliate when mixed with baking soda. I put a pea size amount of coconut oil and mix a smaller amount of baking soda. About 1 part coconut oil to .5 parts baking soda. Mix them together and gently apply it to your clean face in small, circular motions. Rinse and you are done! I like that it is more gentle than exfoliates I have tried, and it is more natural. 
Coconut oil can be used as a body moisturizer. I don't use it this way on a regular basis, but I do when my skin feels extra dry. I take a small pea size amount and apply. It feels a little bit greasy on my skin, but it soaks in after a minute. 
There are so many more ways coconut oil can be used! 
What are some of your favorite ways to use it?

Thanks for visiting! 

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment