Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner



Color: Comes in 4 different colors. 
  • Blackest Black
  • Brown 
  • Charcoal 
  • Eggplant
Wear: I find that this product lasts all day for me, unless I accidentally rub it off. I use the blackest black color, and it is very pigmented and has good payoff.  Once the product dries it stays put and doesn't get flaky or fade throughout the day. If needed, it can be set with an angled brush and eyeshadow that matches the color of eyeliner for extra staying power.

Consistency: The consistency isn't too thick or thin. It glides on smoothly and it is easy to apply across my upper lash line. I don't have any issues with it clumping.

Ease of Application: This product is fairly easy to apply. You can make the line as thin or as thick as you like. In my opinion it is much easier than liquid eyeliner or a pencil. It is also more forgiving than other kinds of eyeliner. If I make a mistake I take a wet cotton swab and use it to gently correct it. It wipes right off if it hasn't had time to sit.

Packaging: This product comes in a small jar with a twist off top. It also comes with a brush to apply it with. I don't use the brush that it comes with because I found that an angled eyeliner brush (like the one in the picture above) makes it a lot easier to apply.

Price: about $9.99 (full price) Sometimes you can find it on sale!

Overall Opinion: I definitely recommend this product. It is easy to use and the pigmentation is great. The price is a little expensive for a drugstore product, but only a small amount is used each time, so it lasts a while. Compared to more expensive gel eyeliners I have tried, I like this one the same, if not a better.

Thanks for visiting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment