Tuesday, June 4, 2013

How to Style Curly Hair


I have tried so many products for curly hair trying to find a holy grail product. These are some of the best products I have tried. They work really well and this is how I style my hair most days. Let me know in the comment section what products you love. I hope you enjoy!
 
Step 1: Wash your hair with a shampoo and condition (preferably made for curly hair.) I like to use Curly Sexy Hair by the brand Sexy Hair. After I get out of the shower I towel dry my hair and then let it air dry for about 15-20 minutes (enough time to put on my makeup and eat breakfast.) This step is optional, but I like to add one pump of Moroccan Oil to the ends of my hair first. I then put a quarter size amount of DevaCurl AnGel hair gel on my hand and scrunch it in my hair. I avoid putting any products on my roots because it can look greasy.


Step 2: Take a hair dryer with a diffuser on it (this helps distribute the air more evenly and prevents frizz.) Set the end of your hair on it and scrunch it up towards your roots. I start on one side of my head and move around to the other. I continue to do this until my hair is mostly dry. When my hair is completely dry I like to straighten my bangs and smooth out my hairline(I have lots of baby hairs that get kind of wild.)
Step 3: If I need a little bit of extra volume on top I will lightly tease my hair with a teasing comb. I hairspray my roots and add a pea size amount of anti-frizz cream. This is the finished look.


Thanks for looking!  

No comments:

Post a Comment