Sunday, May 18, 2014

Interview Makeup Tips

Hello Ladies! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. A couple of weeks ago I had a job interview and thought I would share some of my makeup tips for an interview. I ended up getting the job and started it last week, so needless to say I have been extremely busy with working full time and going to school full time. That is why I haven't been blogging to much. 
After you have prepared yourself for how you are going to answer common questions and you have researched the company a bit, the next part is preparing your look.

 1. Allow extra time to get ready. You only get one first impression. Not only what you say is important, but how you look is important too.
2. Keep it on the natural side. You don't want look like you are hiding behind a mask or insecure with yourself. I used a medium coverage foundation with a Beautyblender and used a concealer to cover any blemishes and under my eyes. I then used a nice peach cream blush that blended nicely into skin. Any rose or peach colored blush would work well. 
3. Limit the amount of eye makeup you wear. I would stay away from smokey eyes and limit the amount of glittery/shimmery eyeshadows. You don't want your makeup to be a distraction. I used Urban Decay's Naked Basic palette to add a little bit of contour to my crease. I applied a thin line of gel eyeliner to the top lash line and I blended a light brown eyeshadow on my lower lash line. I used an eyeshadow to highlight the inner corner of my eye as well as a nude eyeliner on my bottom water line to look more awake.

4. Be yourself. If you normally wear a lipstick that is a bit on the brighter or darker side, go for it. I would stay away from anything too outrageous because it shouldn't be a distraction. Make sure to exfoliate those lips the night before to prevent dry or flaky lips.
5.For nail polish I used a light pink color. I would avoid dark color polishes only because it is more noticeable if there is a chip. I painted them the night before and used a good top coat to avoid any chipping.
6. For my hair I curled it by wrapping it around a 1' curling iron. I have been wearing my hair mostly natural, but curling my hair looks more polished and interview appropriate. 

What are your best interview tips?
Thanks for reading!






5 comments:

  1. I actually have a job interview tomorrow so this post came just in time. Thanks for the tips Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny how that worked out. Good luck at your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks for the tips. I will be having a job interview next week so this would be very helpful. I like your curls by the way, I think if you used a Karmin Clipless curling iron the curls would be a lot better. It would last longer too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love to try a clipless curling iron. It's actually on the list of things to get. I will check out Karmin's when I'm ready to get one. Good luck with your interview!

      Delete