Monday, May 4, 2015

Covergirl Super Size by Lashblast Mascara and Covergirl Intensify Me Eyeliner Review

Hello! I hope everyone had a great weekend! My was a pretty laid back one for the most part. We went to see the Avengers Friday night, which was pretty good. We had a magnitude 4.2 earthquake on Saturday which was completely unexpected and weird. We don't typically have them in Michigan, so this was the first time we felt one. Today I wanted to share a couple things I received from Influenster by Covergirl.
I got The Super Size Mascara by Lashblast and the Intensify Me! Liquid Eyeliner by Lashblast. I was excited to try these products out, because Lashblast is my favorite drugstore mascara I have ever tried.
Covergirl super size by lashblash mascara, covergilr intensify me eyeliner review

The Mascara comes in a nice packaging. The tube is quite a bit thicker than a lot of other mascaras and the wand is long and skinny. The wand is made with some shorter bristles to deliver maximum mascara, and longer bristles to comb through the lashes. To apply the directions say to start at the base of your lashes and twirl or rotate the wand as you go.
I was completely impressed with the way this mascara made my lashes look. I have fairly long lashes and go for a mascara that volumizes over lengthens and this mascara gives an incredible amount of volume and a bit of length. It separates the lashes nicely, but if you are not careful, it can clump. When that happens though, I just run the wand through my lashes a couple more times and it works them out. 2 coats of this mascara, then I am good to go. If you are looking for a mascara that is on the natural side, then this one is not for you, but if you are looking for a more dramatic mascara, I would recommend trying this one out.
The Intensify Me Liquid Eyeliner also has a nice packaging. It has a grip where you are suppose to hold the product when applying it. The felt tip is flat but wide, so it gives you control of the thickness of the application. While I didn't mind using this product, I am more of a gel eyeliner gal. I like the more matte look of the gel, and I feel like I have more control of the application. I am not as comfortable applying the liquid eyeliner, so it was a little sloppy the first few times I tried it. To fix it up though, I used a matte black eye shadow with an angled eyeliner brush to go over it. Not only does that fix up any minor mistake I have made with the liquid eyeliner, but it helps the eyeliner stay on longer. It also makes the liner more matte, which I like. I think that this would be a good product to try if you like liquid eyeliners, although it might be difficult to do a cat eye with it. I probably won't purchase this one after I am done.
I hope these reviews were helpful. If you received these in a Voxbox, what did you think of the products?
Thanks for reading!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. nice review, love the simple cat eye look you created!!


    Sangy
    http://www.thelipstickaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea! If you like the original LashBlast, you should give this one a try :)

      Delete